openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Susheel Jalali <Susheel.Jal...@CoscendCommunications.com>
Subject OpenMeetings-3.0.x - "one-time invitation" gives "This invitation was already used"
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:52:30 GMT
Dear Maxim and OpenMeetings Developers,

Upon clicking on one-time invitation link sent to them, our participants
receive the error, "This invitation was already used".

We posted on the OM user forum and received the list of steps to
follow.  We followed those steps , yet we are receiving the same error
on two servers, one running OpenMeetings 3.0.3 and the other 3.0.4.

We might have to do some coding changes in some of the files and
settings based on our research on SOAP REST methods and data flow. Since
this is technical in nature, we are posting these findings in OM Dev
(not user) forum to seek further guidance.

Could you please give us some technical pointers to eliminate the error
message?

    · Which method in the SOAP API invitation service of one-time
    invitation performs the relevant checking, to trigger the error
    message and display to the user via English.xml?
    · Is there a patch that needs to be inserted in invitation.java?
    · Could a network firewall or OS firewall setting activate a bug in
    OpenMeetings?  (Any changes to CentOS eth0/eth1 files, iptables and
    routing tables of router?)

-----------

Our findings

(1) One-time invitation uses the SOAP API
"org.openmeetings.app.remote.InvitationService" that includes:

a) getInvitation()

b) getInvitationByHashCode()

c) sendInvitationHash()

d) InvitationService Java class

e)  invitation.java .

The three valid types of invitation and a method  "setAllowEntry()" are
defined in:

~/src/db/java/org/apache/openmeetings/db/entity/room/Invitation.java

public enum Valid {   OneTime, Period, Endless;

         public static Valid fromInt(int valid) {

             return valid == 1 ? Endless : (valid == 2 ? Period : OneTime);

         }

     }

public void setAllowEntry(boolean allowEntry) {

         this.allowEntry = allowEntry;
}

In "english.xml" the corresponding error message has a string id defined as:

<string id="534" name="invitation_error">

     <value>This invitation was already used</value>

----------------

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

Elite Premio Complex Suite 200 Survey No 7 & 8 Balewadi Pune 411045
Maharashtra India

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: OpenMeetings-3.0.4 - "one-time invitation" gives "Already used"