openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Naef <samn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1) Have chat open as default for new OM rooms
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:53:24 GMT
Hi Maxim,

I have a more in depth description from our programmers:
I have used "chatOpened" with the value "true".

request URL:

http://om1.iskillu.samnaef.uk0.bigv.io:5080/openmeetings/services/RoomService/modifyRoomParameter?SID=bb8899171b3bf4bdd42fe861bb28bbe0&room_id=22&paramName=chatOpened&paramValue=true

and the response is:

<soapenv:Reason><soapenv:Text xml:lang="en-US">Failed to convert property value
of type 'null' to required type 'boolean' for property 'chatOpened'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Cannot convert value of type [null] to required type [boolean] for property 'chatOpened':
PropertyEditor [org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors.CustomBooleanEditor] returned inappropriate
value of type [null]</soapenv:Text></soapenv:Reason>

I even tried with different param values like 1 and "1" etc. But no luck.

So I changed the param name to "hideChat" with the value "true" which gives the following
response:

request URL:

http://om1.iskillu.samnaef.uk0.bigv.io:5080/openmeetings/services/RoomService/modifyRoomParameter?SID=bb8899171b3bf4bdd42fe861bb28bbe0&room_id=22&paramName=hideChat&paramValue=true

response is:

<ns:modifyRoomParameterResponse><ns:return>1</ns:return></ns:modifyRoomParameterResponse>

But the chat window is opened by default in our demo room only, and not in the other rooms
which we are creating dynamically through REST service.

Have you got an idea?
Thanks,
Sam & suresh