openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Susheel Jalali <Susheel.Jal...@CoscendCommunications.com>
Subject Re: Where / How to Load a static page
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 17:37:23 GMT
Dear Maxim,

Here is the information you have requested.  This question is not about
anything wrong with OpenMeetings product.

We like to explain our query with the following points:

1.  When we are backing up or maintaining the server with down time, we
do not want users to access the product.  In such cases we would like to
redirect them to a specific Web page, which gives a message like:
"Server under maintenance".

2.  While doing the OpenMeetings presentation, when we tried to share a
screen or upload a file, it gave HTTP 500 Error.  When we reloaded that
screen, it logged us out of the session.  Would you happen to know the
reason for this?

In all such instances we would like to load a static Web page of our
choice.  This is where we need some guidance.

*Seeking guidance*

    ·Where in the installation could we place this static page?  Can we
    do it in dist/red5/webapps/openmeetings?

    ·What is the method to direct the Red5 server to this static page?
    Should we add any thing to
    dist/red5/webapps/openmeetings/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml [or web.xml]?

    ·If not, is there a configuration file in the Tomcat Web server to
    instruct it to direct the user to this page on such conditions?
    What is the method to redirect the Web server to this page?

Regards,

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html