openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From r...@meecoda.de
Subject Re: Getting screensharing application signed
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:34:43 GMT
Dear Rob,
thanks a lot for your response. I had a look at the example and it
seems it describes the use of a self-signed certificate (couldn't
figure out where a third party issues or verifies the certificate used
for signing). This already works in standard OM(2/3). What I need are
instructions on how to use an existing (trusted and verified class 2
server-)certificate for code signing. It seems our OM/build.xml setup
is correct (incl. the keystore) as we get the following error message:

"This jar contains entries whose signer certificate's ExtendedKeyUsage
extension doesn't allow code signing."

Doing some research, this points to a limitation of the
(server-)certificate, which might not be used for code signing. It
seems some server certificates can do the signing and some not.
Confusing!!!

Cheers,
Rene'