openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <>
Subject Re: GSoC retro-perspective
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:30:19 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

First of all it was once a lifetime experience for me doing GSoC 2013 with
OpenMeetings. I think I have fulfilled all my intended goals about the GSoC
project from my perspective.

But beyond that, I have a major interest in continuing the work with OM.
The highly dynamic and enthusiastic nature of the community really interest
any new comers to be there as a collaborator. But I am lagging on that woks
due to my final months of studies at university.  But will get on works

Other than that [1] contains the wiki documentation which I created for the
Whiteboard Project. For other sub projects, I will come up with some
text+pictures ASAP!

Also these days I am organizing Sri Lanka GSoC Meetup( series with the GSoC Community of
Sri Lanka and Google. This meetup series contains workshops which introduce
GSoC organization to new comers. Is there anything which I should share
with the people who are doing GSoC in 2014?

[1] -

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:11 AM, <> wrote:

> Hi Andun,
> congrats to your successful GSoC project. Have you accomplished the goals
> that you had in mind for the project?
> I am just about to gather some details to compile an article about the
> project, maybe some retro perspective.
> Do you have some points to share or lessons learned from the project?
> Do you have some screenshots?
> Can you give me some details about yourself that we can publish alongside
> with the article? Maybe also some pic of yourself? In the past for example
> students produced a screenshot with the OpenMeetings application and their
> picture inside of one of the webcams. That seemed pretty easy to do and
> gave the articles a bit of personal touch.
> Let me know if you have any questions,
> Thanks,
> Sebastian
> --