openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg Openmeetings
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 07:27:11 GMT
"redirect.url.for.external.users" is the URL like http://www.google.com
This URL will be used to redirect users on connection lost.

I suppose this will be the URL of your CMS/External system/Feedback
form/etc.

In your case if external user (entering the room using secureHash) will be
dropped out the room other participants will wait for him/her to return.
In case users invited using invitationHash will have connection problems
they will be redirected to your CMS and might reenter the room using their
own links (if still valid)

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Utkarsh Khokhar
<utkarshkhokhar@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the changes Maxim.
> I have a observation about a possible logical glitch with the new
> configuration variable "redirect.url.for.external.users"
>
> Eg. An OM User enters his meeting room using secureHash and also sends 2
> different inviteHash for 2 different external users.
>
> Inorder to ensure that all the 3 users can stay connected in the same room
> throughout the call, one variable might not be sufficient. For instance if
> I saved the last hash sent (be it secure or invite) as
> "redirect.url.for.external.users" then only that url will get picked up
> everytime.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong and missed something here.
>
> Utkarsh
>

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > OK
> > seems to be fixed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-842
> > here is the patch: http://svn.apache.org/r1545517
> >
> > can anyone please test it?
> >
> > external users will be redirected to the URL set in admin->config:
> > "redirect.url.for.external.users"
> >
> > the new config key and it's description is added to the docs
> > http://openmeetings.apache.org/GeneralConfiguration.html
> >
> > The changes above will be available here:
> >

> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/Openmeetings%202.x/
> > (build
> > #22)
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Rene' Rosenbaum <rene@meecoda.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Maxime,
> > > may you please let me know which files you modified? We are using a
> > highly
> > > customized OM based on v2.1 and thus, have to migrate your
> modifications
> > > for now. We'll update quickly when 2.2 is stable enough for production.
> > > We highly appreciate all your efforts to solve this problem,
> > > Rene'
> > >

> > > ~~~~~~~
> > > *Dr.-Ing. Rene' Rosenbaum
> > > meeCoda^IT  *  - Consulting and Services
> > >  ~: Neue Reihe 15, 18182 Goorstorf, Germany
> > >  #: ++49-(0)-1781408041
> > >  @:info@meecoda.de  <mailto:info@meecoda.de>
> > > //:www.meecoda.de  <http://www.meecoda.de>
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ +++ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~