openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg Openmeetings
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:34:20 GMT
One note on that topic:
The problem is not the reconnect, you can easily establish the rtmp
connection again.
The problem is to resync all event that happened since the user lost the
connection. For example some users might have left the room, start broad
casting video, started screen sharing, deleted the whiteboard, switched
slide forward in the presentation etc cetera.
So the only way to solve that is basically to reload everything from
scratch as if an user newly enters the room.
That is basically possible but for example if you have 150 users in a room
there are always 3 that just constantly have some reconnection issues. The
reconnect has happen in a way so that the other 147 are not affected. And I
think at the moment there might be a couple of syncing events that are
blocking the screen for everybody.

So basically its all possible its just a lot more complex then simply
re-establishing the broken rtmp-connection.

Sebastian