openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redistributing modified MIT licensed code (JavaScript library)
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 01:43:51 GMT
I am afraid some of our changes that are required for instance for making
it timezone safe will be much easier if we simply do it.
And also their use will be relatively limited to what we want to do with
it. So its unlikely that it will be useful for anybody else.

We can then discuss how and when those changes will become part of
wicket-jquery-ui.

For me it seems like the author of wicket-jquery-ui does not care about the
license at all. There is not even a License file or any kind of header in
the source code of his file.
So in theory that can literally mean that he can decide tomorrow he will
license it under whatever he wants it to be.

That is a bit scary for us. We can't just include a library without having
a correct attribution of the License.

I know there was put a bit of effort into using this library now, but if we
release it and there will be doubts raised about this it could mean we have
to replace the entire library.

Was anybody able to actively talk to the author of that wicket-jquery-ui ?
Cause if that guy does not respond to any emails its really kind of
dangerous to base our application on the hope he will not suddenly change
his mind and put the code under a license we don't like.

Sebastian