openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Redistributing modified MIT licensed code (JavaScript library)
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 00:49:51 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

The MIT license is very permissive, and allows you (us) to modify and sublicense etc etc with
the only restriction being the NOTICE requirement. There is no reciprocity requirement for
the MIT license so change it as you see fit.

So imho as long as you properly identify the code and its license in the project NOTICE and
LICENSE files of the distribution you are fine.

Craig

On Jul 31, 2013, at 5:36 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the OpenMeetings project would like to redistribute the jQuery Plugin "Fullcalendar":
> http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/
>
> As part of its distribution. Which itself should not be a problem:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#category-a
>
> But we also might need to modify some of the source code to fit our needs.
>
> Are we allowed to do that?
> Are there changes to NOTES files needed when we do that ?
>
> I've somebody knows an answer to that or pointers to the FAQ where this would be covered,
I would much appreciate.
> But I think the FAQ don't cover that topic yet.
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian
> --
> Sebastian Wagner