openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web installer sets enable red5Sip to "true" by default ?
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:42:03 GMT
Hello Sebastian,

The reason it is enabled by defauld is storing passwords of newly created
users in asterisk.
We do not store plain passwords, this is why it is impossible to "enable
red5 later"
Passwords in asterist are stored as MD5 of [prefix|password|suffix] (can
check in the code)

This can be disabled by default. But AFAIKS it affects nothing: if
connection to asterisk is not configured no requests are sent.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax