openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First whiteboard task
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:02:09 GMT
Hi All,

As Maxim requested I have looked at both Google Closure and KineticJS.

   *Google Closure * *Kinectic JS, RaphaelJS*  Well maintained Well
maintained  Good Tutorials, Support Good Tutorials, Support  Feature Full,
Can Create Complete Uis like GMail Specific for tasks like Drawing,
Animations. Facilitate enough features for that.  Hard to learn,manage Easy
to learn,mange
As Maxim highlighted, there is no specific reason for me to leave Closure
behind. But in Andrey's whiteboard we have lot of features than current OM
WB. Thus what we can do is,

   - We can customize it to match with current WB
   - we can improve WB to have all these functionality in Andrey's
   whiteboard.

I need comments for that choice.

I think we have to use a separate synchronization logic with Wickets other
than the web socket synchronization. Also if Andrey's whiteboard is matured
enough for use in OM, I can start the work of creating a Wicket Module for
that a we planned in the GSOC proposal.

Thanks!

[1] - http://raphaeljs.com/
[2] - http://kineticjs.com/