openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Bogdanov Andrey <ba...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: First whiteboard task
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 17:44:53 GMT
 Hi Andun,

At first I completely agree with your comparison af Closure and RaphaelJS. Closure is not
the best tool for drawing, but it privides a lot of additional facilities for building of
UI. After jQuery it looks slightly tedious, but allows manage code very well.

As I mentioned before I didn't think about OM whiteboard when creating my. So some functionality
is missing there. But I think it could be easily implemented. If there are some definite features
which need to be implemented I can do it. The main problem for me right now - how to include
the whiteboard to existing project.

Regards,
Andrey Bogdanov

Воскресенье, 16 июня 2013, 19:32 +05:30 от Andun Sameera <andunslg@gmail.com>:
>Hi All,
>
>As Maxim requested I have looked at both Google Closure and KineticJS.
>
>Google Closure  Kinectic JS, RaphaelJS
>Well maintained Well maintained
>Good Tutorials, Support Good Tutorials, Support
>Feature Full, Can Create Complete Uis like GMail Specific for tasks like Drawing, Animations.
Facilitate enough features for that.
>Hard to learn,manage Easy to learn,mange
>As Maxim highlighted, there is no specific reason for me to leave Closure behind. But
in Andrey's whiteboard we have lot of features than current OM WB. Thus what we can do is,
>*  We can customize it to match with current WB
>*  we can improve WB to have all these functionality in Andrey's whiteboard.
>I need comments for that choice.
>
>I think we have to use a separate synchronization logic with Wickets other than the web
socket synchronization. Also if Andrey's whiteboard is matured enough for use in OM, I can
start the work of creating a Wicket Module for that a we planned in the GSOC proposal.

>Thanks!
>
>[1] -  http://raphaeljs.com/
>[2] -  http://kineticjs.com/
>
>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Maxim Solodovnik  < solomax666@gmail.com > wrote:
>>Hello Andun,
>>
>>sorry for the late response
>>It is really hard to make a decision in this case
>>
>>It is really hard to refuse working contribution, plus I don't want to have more than
1 JS library doing the same :(
>>So I think we should stay on closure if there is no strong disadvantages.
>>
>>So I would say if your investigation will show
>>1) JS library B is better maintained
>>2) has stronger comunity
>>3) is better integrated with jQuery
>>..... etc.
>>
>>we will need to choose another library as base library for your project.
>>

>>Current WB proposed by Andrey has different functionality than current OM WB.
>>

>>On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Andun Sameera  < andunslg@gmail.com > wrote:
>>>Hi Maxim,
>>>
>>>I have checked the working prototype which was submitted. It has many functionality
implemented. While knowing that, I will compare the libraries. After that from what I should
make the prototype? From the one which we have more advantages? Or do I need to implement
a prototype in kinteticjs or raphaeljs to compare it with the closure one?

>>>Thanks!

Will list all pros and cons for that also.

>>>--
>>>Regards
>>>Andun S.L. Gunawardana
>>>Undergraduate
>>>Department of Computer Science And Engineering
>>>University of Moratuwa
>>>Sri Lanka
>>>
>>>Blog -  http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/
>>>LinkedIn -  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703
>>>Twitter - http://twitter.com/AndunSLG
>>>

>>--
>>WBR
>>Maxim aka solomax
>

>--
>Regards
>Andun S.L. Gunawardana
>Undergraduate
>Department of Computer Science And Engineering
>University of Moratuwa
>Sri Lanka
>
>Blog -  http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/
>LinkedIn -  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703