openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <>
Subject Re: Error message is shown when user save the Profile settings - OPENMEETINGS-507
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 08:35:44 GMT
I have deeply looked in to this issue. When the "Save" button is
clicked, following code in the
is executed. That is responsible to show the pop up message.

<class name="contentSaveWindow" extends="baseErrorDialog">

    <attribute name="saveObj" value="null" />
    <attribute name="refObj" value="null" />
    <attribute name="processNextIndex" value="0" type="number" />
    <attribute name="errorid" value="0" type="number" />

    <handler name="oninit">
        if ($debug) Debug.write("contentsavewindow: ",errorid);

    <handler name="onclose">

    <method name="startSave">
     for (var i=0;i<this.saveObj.length;i++){

    <method name="errorByCode" args="eCode">
this.errorid = eCode;

    <method name="processNext">
     //Debug.write("processNext: ",this.saveObj.length,this.processNextIndex);
     if (this.saveObj.length>this.processNextIndex){
     } else {
     //Debug.write("update process complete");

    <method name="doCallBack">

    <simpleLabelButton name="_btn" labelid="333" width="100" x="$once{
parent.width-104 }"
y="$once{ parent.height-24 }" onclick="parent.doCallBack();" />

I think the pop up of this dialog is not caused by a error. But the
false content shown in the dialog is causing the problem. Basically
this pop up message is showed to indicated the the Save process is
completed. So the problem I found is,

-Message goes invisible just after it shows
-The title and content of the message is a error message while in this
particular context it is showed to indicated the completion of the
save process.

The first problem can be easily corrected by removing the
this.close(); call in the processNext method. But what should be the
way to correct the second problem ? Can we create a save completion
dialog by extending baseErrorDialog ?

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Andun Sameera <> wrote:
> Hi,
> So I will look in to this.
> Thanks
> AndunSLG
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Vasya <> wrote:
>> Hi Andun,
>> This bug is not fixed in the latest trunk.
>> Thanks,
>> Vasiliy
>> On 29.03.2013 18:30, Andun Sameera wrote:
>>> Hi Devs,
>>> When I am going through the Jira Issues, I cam across this
>>> So to check
>>> this I have locally setup a OM server with
>>> apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1361497-14-07-2012_1108(Since I
>>> am currently unable to build the trunk, already sent a mail to dev). I
>>> think I can reproduce this,
>>> Steps,
>>> -Login to the OM
>>> -Go to profile tab
>>> -Go to Edit Setting Tab
>>> -Do some changes and click save button
>>> -A message shows and goes invisible suddenly. It has the title Error.
>>> I am trying to look in to this in the code. I think this is not fixed
>>> in the latest trunk.
>>> Thanks
>>> AndunSLG

Andun S.L. Gunawardana