openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error message is shown when user save the Profile settings - OPENMEETINGS-507
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 08:35:44 GMT
I have deeply looked in to this issue. When the "Save" button is
clicked, following code in the
/singlewebapp/WebContent/src/modules/conference/popups/rpcerrorDialog.lzx
is executed. That is responsible to show the pop up message.

<class name="contentSaveWindow" extends="baseErrorDialog">

    <attribute name="saveObj" value="null" />
    <attribute name="refObj" value="null" />
    <attribute name="processNextIndex" value="0" type="number" />
    <attribute name="errorid" value="0" type="number" />

    <handler name="oninit">
        lz.ModeManager.makeModal(this);
        if ($debug) Debug.write("contentsavewindow: ",errorid);
        this.startSave();
    </handler>

    <handler name="onclose">
        lz.ModeManager.release(this);
    </handler>

    <method name="startSave">
     <![CDATA[
     for (var i=0;i<this.saveObj.length;i++){
     this.saveObj[i].prepareCall();
     }
     this.processNext();
     ]]>
    </method>

    <method name="errorByCode" args="eCode">
this.errorid = eCode;
this.getErrorByCode.doCall();
    </method>

    <method name="processNext">
     <![CDATA[
     //Debug.write("processNext: ",this.saveObj.length,this.processNextIndex);
     if (this.saveObj.length>this.processNextIndex){
     this.saveObj[this.processNextIndex].returnObj=this;
     this.saveObj[this.processNextIndex].doCall();
     this.processNextIndex++;
     } else {
     //Debug.write("update process complete");
     this.refObj.onsavecompleted.sendEvent();
                this.close();
     }
     ]]>
    </method>

    <method name="doCallBack">
this.close();
    </method>

    <simpleLabelButton name="_btn" labelid="333" width="100" x="$once{
parent.width-104 }"
y="$once{ parent.height-24 }" onclick="parent.doCallBack();" />

</class>

I think the pop up of this dialog is not caused by a error. But the
false content shown in the dialog is causing the problem. Basically
this pop up message is showed to indicated the the Save process is
completed. So the problem I found is,

-Message goes invisible just after it shows
-The title and content of the message is a error message while in this
particular context it is showed to indicated the completion of the
save process.

The first problem can be easily corrected by removing the
this.close(); call in the processNext method. But what should be the
way to correct the second problem ? Can we create a save completion
dialog by extending baseErrorDialog ?

--
Regards
Andun S.L. Gunawardana