openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: GPL v3 library in ASF project Was: Datetime picker for calendar (and maybe other components)
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:30:15 GMT
The compatibility is one way. Apache code can go into GPL licensed works,
but not the other way around.

This is possible because our licence is permissive and adds no additional
requirements to the GPL. Going the other way the reciprocal provisions of
the GPL mean that one can no longer distribute without invoking those
reciprocal clauses (I.e. derivatives must be GPL).

Sent from a mobile device, please excuse mistakes and brevity
On 25 Apr 2013 09:04, "Maxim Solodovnik" <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Christian,
>
> Sorry for double asking, but GPLv3 licence has special NOTE it is
> compatible with APLv2, Is it possible the page you have mentioned applied
> to GPLv2 and earlier?
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Christian.
> >
> > Maxim, I'm sorry, we cannot have a dependency from GPL v3 library.
> > --
> > With best regards / с наилучшими пожеланиями,
> > Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
> > http://dataved.ru/
> > +7 916 562 8095
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Christian Müller
> > <christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > You cannot as mentioned at http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Christian
> > >

> > > On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Alexei Fedotov <
> > alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>

> > solomax666@gmail.com>

> is

> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html