openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC: Need to implement HTML5 whiteboard
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:08:37 GMT
Hi All,

After reading some material on Apache Wickets/KineticJS I have created
a small webapp. In that we can draw rectangles on a fixed area. I have
attached the source code and a screen-shot of that with this mail.

But I have some queries which need some clarification. I have looked
at the https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui which Maxim gave me
as a example to create the new Standalone Whiteboard Component. What I
understood after looking at that is,

-There are a separate modules which holds some functionalities to add
a Calender,JQuery UI kind of thing to a Wicket page.
-The sample site is built using that modules.

So in our Whiteboard implementation, what we have to do is create such
a module where it can be used to put a Whiteboard to a Wickets page.
Did I interpret the requirement correctly ?

Also here in my sample app, I have put all the JavaScript deals to the
HTML in the usual way to test purpose. But planning to change that to
a generic way, which can be further developed to a Standalone Wicket
Component.

Thank You!

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Linked In - http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/
Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Andun Sameera <andunslg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I got the point which you are highlighting. So what I have to do is this,
>
> Do experiments with Wickets,HTML5, JQuery Libraries and find a way to
> implement the Whiteboard.
> Follow the best practices to make this implementation a modularised
> one, which will exposes Whiteboard via a API.
>
> Thank You!
>
> Regards
>
> Andun S.L. Gunawardana
> Undergraduate
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>
> Linked In - http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/
> Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here is the example of wrapping jQuery UI and fullcalendar into Wicket
> > component
> >
> > https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > So it should be APL/GPLv3/MIT licenced jQuery based library with all
> > > necessary handlers wrapped with Wicket component/behavior.
> > >

> > > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com

Room

Other

Canvas and a