openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC: Need to implement HTML5 whiteboard
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 07:01:03 GMT
Hi All,

I like to add another question! I have further developed my sample app
with Wickets/KineticJS library to draw shapes etc. I have attached a
screen shot of that here with. The point where I got confused is this,

Doing some reading about KineticJS library, I found that all of the
Whiteboard functionalities can be implemented using that some how. But
most of the core functionality of that implementation comes from
JavaScript. The involvement of Wickets Java based HTML is less. Only
thing Wickets do is loading the script and some div tags in to the
page. After that all the execution goes via JavaScript.(Basically in
the example https://github.com/sebfz1/wicket-jquery-ui most of the
coded are coming from Wickets Java based implementation. In the HTML
only thing it do is loading the Wicket Java file.) So it is normal ?
Or do I have to take a another approach to think about this?

Thank You!

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate