openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC: Need to implement HTML5 whiteboard
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 16:21:31 GMT
Hi Maxim,

Thank you for highlighting this important point(About Synchronizing
drawing with all the viewers of Whiteboard) which I should know. I
will point out the things which I understood for verification,

- Whiteboard component have functionalities like draw Circle ,Line etc.
- There should be methods like onCircleDraw/onLineDraw etc. which will
be executed after each particular event happens.
- The user of the Whiteboard component can use these functions for a
task by overriding them or can leave them.
- Here in this particular scenario in OpenMeetings, we have to
implement a logic in these functions to sync drawing with viewers.

I am bit confused on the last point. What can be useful technologies
to do this drawing synchronization? Is there a implementation in
current Flash/Openlaszlo, which I can refer ? I am new to that area
and have no clue.

Thank You!

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Linked In - http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/
Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Andun,
>
> I'll try to answer some of your questions:
> my idea was
> 1) full featuring JS module: jquery.whiteboard.js able to do all drawings necessary (the
best if it can do some other things like put images on desktop etc.)
> 2) Wicket component looking as whiteboard :) with event handlers like: line/circle/curve
coordinates etc. so we can synchronize whiteboards of all room users

<andunslg@gmail.com>

Skype] AndunSLG

in mind that there is no free
have it modular so other