openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC: Need to implement HTML5 whiteboard
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:13:19 GMT
Hi,

Got it! I will look in to Wickets to do this task.

Also other question related to this project in GSOC 2013. Since I am
eagerly waiting to participate in GSOC 2013, is there any other
necessary steps which I should follow ? other than background reading,
doing poc of the project.

Thank You!

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Linked In - http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/
Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll add synchronization, I just need all necessary data in java method
> (wrapped into CircleEvent, LineEvent etc.)
> Please also NOTE there should be possible to have read-only mode for
> whiteboard: user can not draw but can see other people drawings in realtime.
>

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Andun Sameera <andunslg@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Maxim,
>>
>> Thank you for highlighting this important point(About Synchronizing
>> drawing with all the viewers of Whiteboard) which I should know. I
>> will point out the things which I understood for verification,
>>
>> - Whiteboard component have functionalities like draw Circle ,Line etc.
>> - There should be methods like onCircleDraw/onLineDraw etc. which will
>> be executed after each particular event happens.
>> - The user of the Whiteboard component can use these functions for a
>> task by overriding them or can leave them.
>> - Here in this particular scenario in OpenMeetings, we have to
>> implement a logic in these functions to sync drawing with viewers.
>>
>> I am bit confused on the last point. What can be useful technologies
>> to do this drawing synchronization? Is there a implementation in
>> current Flash/Openlaszlo, which I can refer ? I am new to that area
>> and have no clue.
>>
>> Thank You!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Andun S.L. Gunawardana
>> Undergraduate
>> Department of Computer Science And Engineering
>> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>>
>> Linked In - http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/
>> Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello Andun,
>> >
>> > I'll try to answer some of your questions:
>> > my idea was
>> > 1) full featuring JS module: jquery.whiteboard.js able to do all
>> > drawings necessary (the best if it can do some other things like put images
>> > on desktop etc.)
>> > 2) Wicket component looking as whiteboard :) with event handlers like:
>> > line/circle/curve coordinates etc. so we can synchronize whiteboards of all
>> > room users
>> >
>> > good example is: wicket-jquery-ui-dialog:
>> >
>> > so you can write something like:
>> >
>> > Whiteboard w = new Whiteboard("wb") {
>> >      public onCircle(CircleEvent evt, AjaxRequestTarget target) {
>> >             //handle circle creation here
>> >      }
>> >
>> > ....... etc.
>> >
>> > }
>> >
>> > please let me know if you have further questions

Only
HTML

"Andun Sameera"

this,