openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Dergunov <dergunov.alexan...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC2013: OPENMEETINGS-553
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:23:13 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm Alexander Dergunov. I would like to resolve [1] task while taking part
in GSoC2013.

I built and installed project yesterday. All works fine. Now I'm trying to
figure how I will solve this issue.

That what I understood:
Import case: Create "ical" parsing algorithm. This records should be added
into the database.
Export case: Parse database records and convert them in "ical" format.
So we need to add some gui buttons near Calendar. Maybe it will allow to
export all calendar events or just a single event.
Maybe you mean that import/export process will be automatic like in Apple
iCal or Google Android Planner?
I need more information about task.

I will try to introduce myself.
Now I am getting a B.S. degree in computer science at the Novosibirsk State
University (Russian). I participated in NSU-Parallels Winter/Summer
schools, which organize by Parallels company in 2012 and 2013 years. I got
the great experience in Web technologies. Also I worked as intern in
NSU-Parallels laboratory for one year. So I know what means the word
"Deadline". I have been involved in development of internal software for HR
department (HRSoft). In two words, this project controls processes of
employees attestation and helps HR department to recruit new employees and
work with the current.

I have good knowledge of how to use project management software(agile
dashboard, bug tracking system) code review software, version control
software. For example I use TargetProcess, CodeCollaborator, SVN
respectively to work on the HRSoft project.
Currently I am writing on JAVA language. For unit tests I have been using
JUnit test framework. I'm understand OOP paradigm and know how to use it.
Also I can write good code on others programming languages(C, C++, PHP).

I'm not professional in Java, but I think that I have needed knowledge to
take part in resolving this issue. So you can be sure that you will get
complete result. I hope to get important experience during our
collaboration and help your community. So this is the reason of my interest
in OpenMeetings project.

I'm ready to communicate.

I will be waiting for your reply.
Thank you