openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SWF11 components performance/stability
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:52:46 GMT
@Max AS3 means action script

Modern OpenLaszlo compiles into AS3, these files can be inspected and
used instead of openlaszlo files.
Then standard Adobe tools create swf bytecode from AS3.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com
<seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
> MXML has certainly advantages in the sense of wider acceptance and better
> development tools.
> But it really means to build something from scratch.
>
> Sebastian
>

> 2013/3/13 Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
>
>> @Alexey we currently using openlaszlo for video (not sure what do you mean
>> by AS3). Currently our version of video components is built using
>> flex.4.6.1 while actual version available for download is flex 4.9.1.
>> I was hoping we will have less bugs and better performance if we will use
>> MXML directly for our code. But this is just a guess.
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
>> seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You can simply disable h264 and build to swf11.
>>> It is only about the codec not about SWF formats.
>>>
>>> I just compared and could not really find out if there are big
>>> differences.
>>> However it is definitly good to really compare the impacts on CPU and
>>> bandwidth usage when switching the Codec for video encoding.
>>> It seemed to me like encoding with h264 is using a second process (on OSX
>>> that process is called WindowsServer). It might be that h264 encoding can
>>> use some more system ressources. However... all just guessing at this point.
>>>
>>> Sebastian

if this is the
in browser.

the default