openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "" <>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 02:50:13 GMT
Just forwarding this email:
The vote about a release happens @dev not on @private

I don't think splitting up into multiple branches in the SVN is needed.
Fixes can happen in trunk (as long as everybody agrees not to commit new
features / or in other words if everybody is happy with just fixing this
release now and not commit something else).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George Kirkham <>
Date: 2013/3/8
Subject: RE: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.0 Release Candidate 1

Hi All,

I personally believe we should delay the release of RC1 while we attend to
minor design/GUI and bug issues.

During this time that Apache OpenMeetings 2.1.0 RC1 is going through
testing and bug fixes, development [of new features] could continue with
Apache OpenMeetings 2.2.

My reasoning is that people I show OpenMeetings to are impressed with its
capabilities but are really turned off by the obvious issues with the
system, for example text that flows over or under other test or fields in
the windows/dialog boxes.

Now that we are with Apache, I would really appreciate it if OpenMeetings
did not have these little but annoying issues/bugs and that we put forward
a much more professional and polished product. An easy to use, consistent,
and stable application.  New features can be added along the way with
version 2.2, but we really should get to a position where what we have for
2.1.0 RC1 is well designed and maintained.

When people complain about the look and feel (and they are correct to
complain), it really upsets me, and my users do complain, not loudly, but
it is obvious that they do not appreciate these minor issues that detract
from an otherwise great application, I would request that we attend to
these issues before we release OpenMeetings version 2.1.

George Kirkham