openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding/Replacing new labels or syncing between
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 04:05:09 GMT
I'll double check the code to ensure this works as expected :)

I guess additional attribute can be added: "untranslated" (added by junit
test or manually) to get statistics


On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:

> yeah well that is not true :)
>
> See:
> http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/issues/detail?id=155
> And issue numbers:
> 955 935 806 951 889 155 972 618 1260 1180 1035 1008 979 960
>
> And those are only those contributions I could find in 5 minutes :))
>
> So there are actual contributions to the lang, there is no other field of
> OpenMeetings the has received more 3th party contributions then the
> language files.
> The issue is just that: Once the contribution is done, almost nobody cares
> about new labels added. So it takes an endless time to find somebody that
> notices that there are some new strings to be translated.
>
> That is the issue. But I think to solve that we would rather need to show
> some statistics on how complete a translation is.
>
>
> Sebastian
>
>
> 2012/11/27 Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
>
>> You are right.
>> But it seems like people never translate xml files :(
>> They use Import/Export language in Admin
>> And the file is created "on the fly" based on DB, and stored into DB so
>> files on the filesystem and in the DB are out of sync.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
>> seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I like to have a complete XML file for every language just for one
>>> reason:
>>> It is way more easy for people to translate the application if they have
>>> a single file with all labels.
>>> If you have to search across 2 files many people will never notice that
>>> the file is simply not complete and we need another Language Editor to make
>>> sure internationalization can be done easily.
>>>
>>> Sebastian
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2012/11/27 Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> Hello Sebastian,
>>>>
>>>> I saw your commit :)
>>>> I thought of modifying the logic of our labelDAO:
>>>> ever
>>>> fill DB with missing labels (if any)
>>>> or retrieve English labels if localized ones are absent
>>>>
>>>> what do you think, is it a good idea?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
>>>> seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Maxim,
>>>>>
>>>>> I was kind of tired to manually update all language files whenever I
>>>>> add a new label.
>>>>> So I wrote a JUnit test that does sync the labels from one language
>>>>> file and fills that label up in all XML files.
>>>>>
>>>>> See: org.apache.openmeetings.test.labels.FillLabels
>>>>>
>>>>> It will read first the masterLangFile and then all other XML files and
>>>>> fill it.
>>>>> Practically I have put "english.xml" in the masterLangFile, so you can
>>>>> add new labels to the english.xml, run the test, refresh Eclipse and
all
>>>>> other lang files should have the new label(s) too.
>>>>>
>>>>> It is also possible to replace existing other labels, just see the
>>>>> array variable: replaceIds.
>>>>> All Ids, in that array will be synced from the masterLangFile to all
>>>>> other languages.
>>>>>
>>>>> The Junit test also does some tests, for example it fails if it
>>>>> detects duplicate labelid's.
>>>>>
>>>>> Sebastian
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Sebastian Wagner
>>>>> https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock
>>>>> http://www.webbase-design.de
>>>>> http://www.wagner-sebastian.com
>>>>> seba.wagner@gmail.com
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> WBR
>>>> Maxim aka solomax
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sebastian Wagner
>>> https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock
>>> http://www.webbase-design.de
>>> http://www.wagner-sebastian.com
>>> seba.wagner@gmail.com
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> WBR
>> Maxim aka solomax
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Sebastian Wagner
> https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock
> http://www.webbase-design.de
> http://www.wagner-sebastian.com
> seba.wagner@gmail.com
>



-- 
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message