openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Manual vs Dynamic (Software Based) Load Balancing
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 03:43:40 GMT
Well you can include this meta information in the calculation.
The calculation will use the capacity of the room to calculate how "free" a
conference room is.
So the idea would be:
Instead of calculating the server load be the number of users currently
online, we calc the server load by:
1) Checking which rooms are currently on which servers
2) Calculate the maxUser load based on the maxUsers per conference room and
build the sum for every server.

The first implementation would then just try to organize an
even/uniform/constant load across all slaves/servers.

Sebastian