openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenMeetings in clustering with Master/Slave - Public API Review
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:10:00 GMT
native Java rpc, I guess you want to serialize the objects to transfer
between the instances and transfer via Sockets.
As far as I understood we then would need to set up our own SocketListener
and need yet another port to communicate between the instances.
I am rather afraid of the security flaws that we might open the door, I
would rather use the existing RPC Gateways that we have.
A simple HTTP Rest call can be quite similar in terms of runtime length.
After all, master and slaves do not communicate in "real time". The slaves
ping the master every 3 seconds and update their status. So if the call
takes 200 milliseconds or 400 milliseconds does not matter at this point.

Sebastian