openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Manual vs Dynamic (Software Based) Load Balancing
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 05:24:29 GMT
@Irina That is true. However we would not only need the regional
information about the first user but also about what kind of participants
will join in that room. For example: If the first user is an Australian, it
does not mean that all participants of the conference will be from
Australia.

I think that for a first implementation an even/uniform/constant load
across all slaves/servers should be the goal.
Cause in that way it will minimize the number of servers needed to handle a
large user base and in that sense minimize costs to handle the cluster.

Having them served on a server that is regionally next to them would be
another point. I guess on a second iteration we could think about a manual
possibility to bind an organization to several servers. But not on room or
Users level.

Sebastian