openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "George Kirkham" <gkirk...@co2crc.com.au>
Subject RE: SUCCESS - Testing application to compare Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) in SWF11 in OpenMeetings Raju
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:15:30 GMT
Sebastian, Vincenzo, Raju,

I did find a few small problems when testing with the
"test-setup.lzx.swf11.swf" application.

1)      I was able to successfully test using a single PC by
broadcasting on "stream1" and receiving on "stream1". That is on my test
PC I would broadcast on "stream1" and then also receive on "stream1"
using the same PC. This worked well for testing the AEC feature.

2)      It seems that it does not matter what I name the two streams for
the Broadcast and Playback, e.g. stream1 & stream1 or stream1 & stream2
or George & Tony, the test application simply connects the BroadCast
stream to the Play-Broadcast stream on the same PC, regardless of what I
name the streams.   I cannot connect the Play-Broadcast stream of one PC
to the steam started on another PC.

3)      As reported above in step 2, when I attempted to use two PCs,
for a 1:1 communications I was not able to do this, maybe I did not
understand how to do this?.  I could only send and receive on the same
PC, I was not able to do the following;
Send from PC1 on "stream1"
Receive on PC2 on "stream1"
Send from PC2 on  "stream2"
Receive on PC 1 on "stream2"

What happened is that the playback on PC1 would only receive the stream
that it is sending, that is "stream1", no matter what I called the
"playBroadCast" stream name.

4)      I also found that, as mentioned in Sebastian's instructions, if
I ever stoped the broadcast or the playback, I had to close the browser
and then try again, if I was to be able to receive the broadcast again.
Thus between testing with "userEchoSuppression" turned on and then
testing with it turned off, I had to close the browser and reset up the
test (no problem doing this, just shows that the code does not fully
close and restart the connection).

5)      While I used the server's domain name in the web browser's URL,
I had believed that I had to use the actual IP address of the domain
name in the  "test-setup.lzx.swf11.swf" own URL: field, but this
understanding was incorrect, I was also able to use the server's domain
name in the URL: field. And once again, without the options
"useEchoSuppression" and "Use Enhanced Microphone" checked, the echo is
very bad, but when running the tests with the default of these options
selected, the echo is greatly reduced on a laptop that does not have any
hardware AEC features, and when using the internal speakers and
microphone.

Below is the "Laszlo Debugger" log output from my test server.  If you
want to test with my server, you can connect with
http://www.goproject.info:5080/openmeetings/test-setup.lzx.swf11.swf but
I the bandwidth is limited.  Occasionally I get bandwidth warning
messages in the log file.

connectRtmpConnection URL:
rtmp://59.167.79.92:1935/openmeetings/testscope

setId  65

devrtmpconnection <<anonymous extends='canvas'>#2#1| #canvas> _onStatus
NetConnection.Connect.Success

<flash.media::MicrophoneEnhancedOptions#3| {}>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Publish.Start <flash.net::NetStream#4|
[object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Play.Reset <flash.net::NetStream#5|
[object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Play.Start <flash.net::NetStream#5|
[object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Video.DimensionChange
<flash.net::NetStream#5| [object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Play.InsufficientBW
<flash.net::NetStream#5| [object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Pause.Notify <flash.net::NetStream#5|
[object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Play.Stop <flash.net::NetStream#5|
[object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Buffer.Flush <flash.net::NetStream#5|
[object NetStream]>

netStream_onNetStatus:  NetStream.Unpublish.Success
<flash.net::NetStream#4| [object NetStream]>

lzx> Debug.inspect([object NetStream])

<flash.net::NetStream#5| [object NetStream]>

<flash.net::NetStream#5| [object NetStream]>

lzx>

If anyone has more information about how to use the
"test-setup.lzx.swf11.swf" application or makes modifications, I would
like to do further testing, for example a test between two to four
users/PCs, though Joseph's comment about integrating this into
Openmeetings would give the greatest flexibility for testing. I would
suggest having just one admin setting to turn on or off the use of all
AEC features, e.g. both "useEchoSuppression" and "Use Enhanced
Microphone".  Personally I would just have these items turned on
permanently in the code with no options.

If anyone can explain to me what the "Adobe Flash Player Settings"
"Reduce Echo" option actually does, I would be very interested to know.
That is how this setting integrates with a Flash application's code,
like in Openmeetings.

Thanks,

George Kirkham