openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Raju Bitter <r.bitter.mailingli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] ApacheCon / showing an OpenMeetings version compiled with the Apache Flex 4.8 SDK?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 11:02:32 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com
<seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenMeetings runs in the area of "Social Collaboration"
>
> I think it is good to combine the track to a Flex, Flex is also a new
> Incubator project and I guess chances to get a track approved are
> higher if we show how well integrated OpenMeetings is in the Apache
> World.
Makes a lot of sense, I agree.

> My proposal for a talk would be:
> Intro:
> Showing the fundamentals of a Audio/Video Conference in OpenMeetings
> as a live demo with a short live video conference. Maybe with some
> people from the Dataved team in Novosibirsk that works @ OpenMeetings
> could not attend at the conference.
>
> Streaming technologies used in OpenMeetings to enable social collaboration:
> Red5/Flash Platform, Streaming and transcoding
>
> The future of Flash and integration with Apache Flex SDK.
>
> My proposal is that maybe Maxim could show the fundamentals of
> OpenMeetings, I could cover the Streaming part, Raju could cover the
> Future of Flash.
>
> What do you folks think about that?
I'd prefer to talk about the the future of Flash, Apache Flex SDK
integration, and a possible OpenLaszlo HTML5 based version of the AV
functionality. If OpenMeetings would have both SWF and HTML5 support
for web conferencing, that would be huge.

> To submit that proposal I would need some details about your
> Curriculum Vitae(s) so that I can add this information to the
> proposal.

I'll send you a paragraph of text with CV/background information later
today (very busy until 4pm today).

- Raju