openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] ApacheCon / showing an OpenMeetings version compiled with the Apache Flex 4.8 SDK?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:09:34 GMT
Hi,

please review the available tracks:
http://www.apachecon.eu/tracks/

It is likely that a OpenMeetings talk will be listed in the OpenOffice track.
That is also what is written down in the track proposal:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc#gid=0

OpenMeetings runs in the area of "Social Collaboration"

I think it is good to combine the track to a Flex, Flex is also a new
Incubator project and I guess chances to get a track approved are
higher if we show how well integrated OpenMeetings is in the Apache
World.

My proposal for a talk would be:
Intro:
Showing the fundamentals of a Audio/Video Conference in OpenMeetings
as a live demo with a short live video conference. Maybe with some
people from the Dataved team in Novosibirsk that works @ OpenMeetings
could not attend at the conference.

Streaming technologies used in OpenMeetings to enable social collaboration:
Red5/Flash Platform, Streaming and transcoding

The future of Flash and integration with Apache Flex SDK.

My proposal is that maybe Maxim could show the fundamentals of
OpenMeetings, I could cover the Streaming part, Raju could cover the
Future of Flash.

What do you folks think about that?
To submit that proposal I would need some details about your
Curriculum Vitae(s) so that I can add this information to the
proposal.

Please let me know soon, as the deadline for submitting proposals is near.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock