openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Releasing packages and PGP Keys => No Key No Release Possibility
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:19:02 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com>
Date: 2012/8/3
Subject: Releasing packages and PGP Keys => No Key No Release Possibility
To: Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>, Maxim Solodovnik <
solomax666@gmail.com>

Hi,

except me nobody has yet registered his PGP key correctly.
That means that except me nobody will be able to release any packages at
the Apache Software Foundation.

Maxim, I guess you want to release the Joomla Plugin soon, I would suggest
you might follow:
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#security-and-pgp

In short:
Create PGP key pairs (private + public) (And I recommend creating a Revoke
Cert)
Upload the public key (either bei using the PGP Tool that you use to create
the key) or by usingthe web form to: http://pgp.mit.edu/
Add the fingerprint string (something like "BF13 CF11 F9C9 0CBE 4413 09AB
0055 16BF 93A3 0395") to your profile at id.apche-org
Wait for 6-8 hours, the server will search for a public key based on your
fingerprint, if success it will create a file with your name at:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/

If that is "success" that add your key to:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/project/KEYS
and follow the instructions in the file.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock