openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP and LDAP authentication
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:24:55 GMT
Hallo Vieri,

login into the SOAP/REST API with an LDAP user is a conceptional
misunderstanding.

You would _never_ login anybody using the SOAP/REST api to actually enter a
conference room.
Login via SOAP/REST makes only sense with an Admin (or user level
SOAP/REST).
After you've logged in using SOAP/REST you can create conference rooms or
HASHs to directly enter a conference room.
So the SOAP/REST API is to realize integration into websites or any other
3th party system.
You will not actually "Login" via SOAP with any user, only with the admin
to simulate other users by for example create HASHs

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock