openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From German Grekhov <german.grek...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2012] German Grekhov proposal
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 09:44:56 GMT
Sebastian,

thanks for your fast answer. Ok, I have understood that video stream
resolution auto-adjusting is unuseful feature. So, about your
suggestions...

> Adjustment of the stream and measuring bandwidth while conferencing is
> basically a streaming server feature...
> So if you are going to work on that, your task will be:
> - analysing which events are available in Red5
> - defining which scenarios we can realise using those events and features
> in Red5
> - implementing such scenarios

Have I understood right that upload stream from a user with a wide
connection is with high quality, but then when it has gone to the
server the quality of the download stream could be changed for a user
with narrow connection? What do you think about the importance of the
task?

> A completely separated thing would be to implement an initial load Tester:
> A separated tool (comparable to SpeedTest) that checks if you have
> sufficient down/upload rate, can connect to needed ports and measures your
> ping time. Such a "bandwidth detection tool" would be implemented as
> standalong application as you would do that test even outside of
> OpenMeetings.

How do you estimate this task? Is it the task for whole GSoC or just a
part? If it is for the whole GSoC, I could make it.

Unfortunately, we have not much time because the proposal should be
uploaded until the 6th of April, so I need harry up with this choice.

German.