openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fix build process bug
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:24:05 GMT
OK
tried that.

We are using openjpa 2.2.0
Here is documentation from it:
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.2.0/apache-openjpa/docs/ref_guide_integration.html#ref_guide_integration_mappingtool

I slightly modified your code and was able to reproduce your result:
A connection could not be obtained for driver class
"org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" and URL "null".

But
according to my stacktace to lowest exception is:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
at serp.util.Strings.toClass(Strings.java:164)
at serp.util.Strings.toClass(Strings.java:108)
at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.newInstance(Configurations.java:211)
at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.newInstance(Configurations.java:170)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newDataSource(DataSourceFactory.java:114)

This means there is something wrong with MappingTool classpath/classloader

Unfortunately I have no time right now to dig this.
Currently I simply drop database before running install.

please NOTE it is not necessary to run install every time you rebuild OM,
it works as expected without reinstalling. (the only exception is changing
primary key on table, which is not often)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax