openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC applicants, please prepare patches or working code
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:37:40 GMT
German,
It's good you have asked.

We have to estimate coding skills of each participant, not only
proposal writing skills. You already have several patches, others
don't. Still it should not stop you from showing your dedication to
GSoC by preparing a patch which advances your project.

In other words, do the first step of your project now. And never say
"we don't have time for that" on public lists. :-)

Why we ask to do that? There exist brilliant proposal writers, who
cannot code. That actually leads to GSoC failure, because Google is
very specific on the following matter: just fixing documentation is
not enough. That's why we ask to demonstrate coding skills.

Ankur, Dmitry,
In addition to patches we need to set up openmeetings interviews with
both of you. Please specify time which is suitable for you.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

2012/4/10 German Grekhov <german.grekhov@gmail.com>: