openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gsoc2012] openmeetings plugin for zimbra
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 07:19:37 GMT
Hi Ankur,

I have done a basic Zimbra integration some time ago so I can tell you
something about it:

Plugins in Zimbra are called "Zimlets".
As Zimbra has a Calendar it would be nice if users can add to every Zimbra
Calendar Events a OpenMeetings conference room, and every participant that
is invited to the calendar event in Zimbra then receives a email in Zimbra,
this email could also contain the generated link (including the invitation
Hash) to enter the conference room.
SOAP/REST API calls to perform needed things are already available for
OpenMeetings, so you would only need to do the things in Zimbra.

Also in Zimbra it would be nice if you can attach an invitation to a
conference room at the bottom of every email that you send to somebody.
Again the "Zimlet" should insert into the email the direct link to the
conference room.
Again: SOAP/REST API calls to perform needed things are already available
for OpenMeetings, so you would only need to do the things in Zimbra.

It would be also good if an admin in Zimbra can configure the Zimlet
configuration via the Zimbra Web-Interface. But I am not sure if that is
possible, the last time I did try that the issue was that Zimbra can only
do SOAP/REST calls to localhost or the same domain because of Cross Domain
Policy. It is one requirement that Zimbra and OpenMeetings can run on
different machines.
I solved that problem at that time by proxy'ing the SOAP / REST calls on
the Zimbra server with Zimbra's integrated lightweighted HTTPD/PHP server
(I think Zimbra used that to run cgi scripts).

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock