openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Réf. : Re: Timezone & Time pb !
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:28:31 GMT
I think there are two places to change:

1)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/singlewebapp/WebContent/src/modules/lzcalendar/compontents/lzEditCalendarEvent.lzx?view=markup
Line 105 to 125 calcing the time-diff to UTC and setting the time/date
using the UTC methods

2)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/singlewebapp/WebContent/src/modules/lzcalendar/compontents/layouts/dragEvent.lzx?view=markup
Various lines need refactoring calcing the time-diff to UTC and setting the
time/date using the UTC methods

Sebastian

2012/4/17 seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com>

> I have spend quite a while to make everything working with Date objects
> instead of using strings. I would like to keep that logic. Working with
> real Date's has some advantages when you really calculate with them.
>

> Sebastian
>
> 2012/4/17 Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com>
>
>> The date is entered by user as String: "14:00" it can be passed to the
>> server as string ...
>> JS can be used for validation only (without any transformations)
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 15:00, seba.wagner@gmail.com
>> <seba.wagner@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>> > I don't think that a JavaScript Date can be create in any other timezone
>> > then the default one.
>> > http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_obj_date.asp
>> >
>> > There is no timezone information, you can only read the offset.
>> > But you could use the method "setUTCDate" to set the time/date
>> correctly.
>> > But you would need to calc the UTC Date/time from the given date/time
>> all
>> > save/update event methods in the client.
>> >
>> > Sebastian

>> There
>> > is
>> > info