openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Réf. : Re: Timezone & Time pb !
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 07:17:46 GMT
ok,

let me describe you the current process:

A client in timezone: Moscow (+0400)
A server in timezone: Berlin (+0200)

The client generates a JavaScript Date Object (always in the local timezone
of the User)
1) The client sends Date Object: 16:00:00 15.04.2012 MTC
2) Server will receive a java.util.Date in his local timezone:
The server method "saveAppointment" receives a Date Object: 14:00:00
15.04.2012 CEST

3) This time is stored in the database (databases have no timezone info,
they only got timestamps, timestamps in database are alwas in the local
timezone of the server and that way need no timezone info).
4) Time is retrieved from database, client requests the Calendar via the
REST WebService, date/time is calculated in the users timezone

Something at 2) seems to be wrong. The rest is fine. It is strange to me as
I have been successfully testing it.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner