openmeetings-dev mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Réf. : Re: Timezone & Time pb !
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 08:00:54 GMT
I don't think that a JavaScript Date can be create in any other timezone
then the default one.
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_obj_date.asp

There is no timezone information, you can only read the offset.
But you could use the method "setUTCDate" to set the time/date correctly.
But you would need to calc the UTC Date/time from the given date/time all
save/update event methods in the client.

Sebastian

> Actually there is option to set correct timezone: You can pass date as
> date/string and create valid date object using Calendar
> with specifying current user TZ.
> Also Irina told me TZ is set correctly while event editing ...
>
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 14:46, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > client machine timezone is GMT+7
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 14:44, seba.wagner@gmail.com <
> > seba.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Just let me understand it first :)
> >>
> >> 2) default user TZ (GMT+7) (user level: admin)
> >> 3) another user TZ (GMT-4) (user level: user)
> >>
> >> => what is the timezone of the browser? I mean if you create a Date
> Object
> >> is JavaScript it always will have the timezone of the browser. There is
> >> also no chance of changing that as JavaScript Date has no timezone info
> >> same as java.util.Date.
> >> This could be a problem.
> >>
> >> Admin or user level has no influence from my point of view.
> >>
> >> Sebastian

> >> calendar

> >> info,
> >> local