openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openjpa indexes
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 10:41:40 GMT
I have created JIRA to track the status:
Will try to add some tests and will ask for review/verification :)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 09:15, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have started work on this
>
> Could you please take a look? Is it the step in right direction?
> https://github.com/apache/openjpa/compare/javax-index?expand=1
>
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 22:26, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Additional suspicious annotations are:
> >
> > org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.Unique  ( vs.
> > javax.persistence.UniqueConstraint)
> > org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.ForeignKey ( vs.
> > javax.persistence.ForeignKey)
> >
> > maybe some more
> > Maybe it worth to be dropped and replaced with annotations from
> > javax.persistence.* ?
> >
> > On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 22:10, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax666@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > I'm still debugging the code trying to understand what is going on in the code
> > > It seems indices are being created for foreign keys only
> > >
> > > Can it be caused by the fact OpenJPA still has it's own annotation for
> > > indices org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.Index ?
> > >
> > > Will try to debug also `DBDictionary#getCreateIndexSQL`

the best guess is to set a breakpoint in  DBDictionary#getCreateIndexSQLThe DBDictionary (and
it's respecive subclasses) is where all the adopting to different databases happens.

I_BLLSCTN_BILLMONEY

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax