openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: OpenJPA and TomEE 7.0.1 - 2.1 spec
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2016 10:45:34 GMT
Hi Gilbert!

the JPA-2.1 Converters are definitely on our List and we would be glad if you would join us
with the effort to implement this feature (and others).

I personally didn’t yet miss this feature because the JPA-2.1 Converters are a bit limited
to be honest.
I’d rather use the OpenJPA ValueHandlers, because they also allow you a much more fine grained
control over how it should look in the DataBase as well.

Our ASF colleague Reinhard did write a sample on GitHub.
We should probably use this to improve our documentation.

https://github.com/rsandtner/openjpa-converter/tree/master/src

Would be great if could tell us what you think about it!

txs LieGrue,
strub