openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Database recommendation: Maria DB or PostgreSQL
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:47:23 GMT
On 07/10/2016 09:47, Bengt Rodehav wrote:
> I'm in the process of choosing database system for my next project. It's a
> web application running on Apache Karaf. Not very high throughput
> requirements. Easy operation (backup/restore and good GUI) is important to
> me.
>
> But, I also need to know that it works well with OpenJPA. In the OpenJPA
> documentation I cannot see any explicit support for MariaDB - only MySQL.
> Is MariaDB supported and does it work well with OpenJPA?

Despite of being missed in

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.4.1/apache-openjpa/docs/ref_guide_dbsetup_dbsupport.html

the MariaDB dictionary is there since OpenJPA 2.3.0, hence you can just
select 'mariadb' as you would do with 'mysql' or 'postgres'

We'll update the documentation page soon, thanks for reporting.

> Does PostgreSQL work well with OpenJPA?

Yes, of course :-)
Jokes apart, at Apache Syncope we are supporting both DBMS via OpenJPA,
and we had no bad surprises so far:

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html#internal-storage

HTH
Regards.