openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Broadhead <matthew.broadh...@nbmlaw.co.uk>
Subject fetching associations
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 08:34:31 GMT
HI, I am using TomEE 7.0.1 and I just switched from Plume to Plus. I was
using eclipselink and now I am converting to OpenJPA.  When I fetch a
set of entities and then try to iterate through their associations in
JSF the list is empty.  in eclipselink they were populated by default.
if i loop through the entities in Java before displaying in JSF then
they are populated (i guess they get lazy loaded).  is there a setting
that needs to be changed?  like generating with all associations as
eager or setting a flag in persistence.xml?  what would give the same
default as eclipselink? seemed like an easy question but i could not
find anything by searching.