openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Enrique RodrĂ­guez Lasterra <laste...@gmail.com>
Subject Migration from hibernate
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 12:29:42 GMT
Hi, i'm new on the list. I'm migrating a project from tomcat+hibernate to
websphere+openjpa2.2.3

My problem is with a @ManyToOne relationship.

I have a Customer entity with a relationship with CustomerType.

When i create a new customer i don't whant to save-update customertype.

This pseudo-code work with hibernate

Customer c = new Customer();
CustomerType ct = new CustomerType();
ct.setPk(1);
c.setCustomerType(ct);
entityManager.persist(c);

When i execute it with openjpa, i get an exception that CustomerType is
detached and i shoud user Cascade.Persist, but this is not what i want.

I know that one way to resolve the problema is to find CustomerType on
EntityManager instead to create a new object for that... but this change is
very complex in my application.

Is this a problem of openjpa or hibernate implementation?

--
Enrique Rodriguez Lasterra