openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Advice needed switching to OpenJPA
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:39:05 GMT
On 03/02/2016 10:31, Markus Geiß wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> hope this finds you well. ; o)
> As part of our incubation (Apache Fineract) we need to replace our current
> JPA implementation (Hibernate).
>
> Given that we are now part of the Apache family we'd like to use Apache
> project whenever possible.
>
> Right now we are facing issues with the enhancement mechanism and
> looking for some advice on how to proceed. None of our entites could be
> enhanced, but we are not sure why.
>
> Here are some, maybe, useful information, we use:
> - Java 8
> - Spring Data JPA
> - Hibernate 4.3

Hi Markus,
welcome to the Apache Family :-)

At Syncope we had to do the same switch back in 2012, for exactly the
same reason; since then we are still on OpenJPA.

You can take a look at the relevant sections of this POM [1] -
especially the usage of OpenJPA Maven plugin.

HTH
Regards.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/core/persistence-jpa/pom.xml

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/