openjpa-users mailing list archives

From kkharlin <konstan...@kharlin.com>
Subject SchemaTool events on columns modification
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 10:55:01 GMT
Hello,

We use OpenJPA 2.2.2 and want to implement some sort of automigration
mechanism in our product. The goal is to find out the columns that were
added (fields were added in entities).

As I understood OpenJPA use SchemaTool's "addColumn" method to add new
column to the DB during EM initialization. Is there any easy way to catch
such cases (kind of events or smth) without forking and modifying this tool?

Now we have one solution: reflect on DB and get schema as XML files before
and after EM initialization and make a diff to find the columns that were
added. But we have a big DB schema and these two reflections take almost 2
minutes on solution start :(

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.