openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pawel Veselov <pawel.vese...@gmail.com>
Subject Auto-deleting referenced entities.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:34:18 GMT
Hi.

Is it possible in JPA to reference entities from another, and have them
automatically delete if the reference is just removed?

I.e. if the entity is:

public class E_Campaign implements Accounted {

    @Id
    private long id;

    @OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy = "campaign")
    private Collection<E_VehicleAssociation> vehicles;

}

And the dependent entity is:

public class E_VehicleAssociation {

    @Id
    private long id;

    @ManyToOne
    private E_Campaign campaign;

}

Is it possible to do something like this, and have that delete the
dependent entity:

campaign.getVehicles().remove(0);
em.merge(campaign);

I.e., I'm removing the reference to an element of campaign.vehicles() would
remove that entity from the VehicleAssociation table? More specifically,
I'm interested in auto-deleting all entities that are references by a
particular campaign, and want to avoid iterating and deleting.

Thank you!
  Pawel.

P.S. Any idea when JPA2.1 will be implemented by OpenJPA? :)