openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Charlie Mordant <cmorda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 8/Java 7 end of life
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 21:15:34 GMT
Hi Hal,

Has I said, I made an applicative framework (comparable to Wildfly,
Glassfish, Fuse), I'm not responsible of what my framework user's will do,
and I also can't tell them that it offers lambda/J8 BUT for the JPA service
(flooded in a hundred pages of documentation...).

Regards,

> I think my question was more of why you have to do it in that way, rather
> than putting whatever logic that needs lambdas somewhere else.  Seems like
> an easy thing to workaround.
>

> > On Mar 15, 2015, at 4:50 PM, Charlie Mordant <cmordant1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > class Person{
> > @OneToMany
> > private Address address;
> > public getLocalisation() {
> > //Do stuff with lambdas to retrieve derived feature
> > }
> > }
> > class Address{
> > @OneToMany
> > private Localisation localisation;}
> > class Localisation{...}

> >> Also, too, nothing about the 1.7 restrictions prevent anything from
> >> happening wrt criteria queries and 1.8 I must say.

> do.
> >> Not just being flip ;)  genuinely curious.

> >> use
> >> support

> >> really.

> >> them

> >> nice
> because

> >> that
> >> anyway.  No

> >> hal.hildebrand@me.com

> >> 1.8

Source)
Source)
Source)

> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.AsmAdaptor.toJava7ByteArray(AsmAdaptor.java:93)
> >>>>>>>>>
> >> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.AsmAdaptor.writeJava7(AsmAdaptor.java:84)
> >>>>>
> org.apache.openjpa.ant.PCEnhancerTask.executeOn(PCEnhancerTask.java:89)
> >>>>>>>>>
> >> org.apache.openjpa.lib.ant.AbstractTask.execute(AbstractTask.java:184)
> >>>>>>>>>
> >> org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
Method)

> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
> >>>>>>>>>
> >> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
> >> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368)
> >>>>>>>>>
> >> org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AntRunMojo.execute(AntRunMojo.java:327)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:133)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:108)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:76)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
> >>>>>

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:116)
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:155)
Method)

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
> >>>>>

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
> >>>>>

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
> >>>>>

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

some amount of
> >> testing

John <

when compiled for 1.8?