openjpa-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA support for JPA 2.1: when?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 04:50:19 GMT
On Dec 8, 2014, at 11:55 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Throwing this out there as it never hurts to be explicit.
>
> On the Tomitribe side I'm willing to hire someone to work on OpenJPA full-time if there
are enough users out there willing to share the cost of said developer.

> A full-time developer (or two) is really not that expensive when split 10 different ways.
>
> Email me offline -- not really an appropriate conversation for this list.  As well this
is the first and only time I'll mention it.

> I will say that at some point our belief in Open Source has to match some level of commitment.
 Here's your opportunity.

Already getting emails from OpenJPA committers lining up to be said full-time developer.

Up to users at this point what happens to OpenJPA.  Reach out if OpenJPA means something to
you.  We'll do our best to help you champion it internally.

Never hurts to try.  You might succeed.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins