openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA and auto-commit
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:41:06 GMT
Hi Charlie,
Since you are using SynchronizeMappings, you should be providing an
alternate datasource (non-jta-data-source) in addition to the
jta-data-source.  OpenJPA requires access to the database in order to
define or adjust your schemas based on your Entity definitions.  Without a
non-jta-data-source, OpenJPA will attempt to do this work within the global
transaction.  Unfortunately, the auto commit processing doesn't work well
within a global transaction (as you have found out).

Hope this helps.

Kevin