openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tr...@trentonadams.ca>
Subject Re: ClassCastException on maven enhancing
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2014 06:18:49 GMT
On 2014-12-23 7:23 AM, Trenton D. Adams wrote:
> On 2014-12-21 10:19 AM, Rick Curtis wrote:
>>> Seems like maybe an openjpa maven plugin bug?
>> I would guess that the openjpa maven plugin class dependencies are
>> conflicting with the tomcat6 dependencies. Can you run mvn install
>> followed
>> by mvn tomcat6:deploy?
>
> Yes, that works, but I'm not sure I understand why it would.  The
> enhancer is ran both times.
>
> The following reveals it's ran both times, so why would the one with
> *install* make it have a dependency conflict?

Yeah, "install" does not run automatically when running the tomcat
plugin.  I found that out when I updated a class, and it wouldn't
update.  So the install is required.

Anyhow, in a maven rmi plugin I wrote, I got around dependency problems
by writing my own class loading stuff for maven.  That's probably what
needs to occur here too.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to look
at the openjpa plugin at the moment. :(