openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Cortez <radcor...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: OpenJPA support for JPA 2.1: when?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 01:58:50 GMT
Hi guys,
Started some work on the schema generation features:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2554

Would love some feedback to check if I'm in the right track. Thank you.
Cheers,Roberto
      From: Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@apache.org>
 To: users@openjpa.apache.org
 Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 7:20 PM
 Subject: Re: OpenJPA support for JPA 2.1: when?

May of JPA 2.1 have been developed on the branch Kevin had mentioned. As it
was quite a while I had looked at beautiful OpenJPA code (i am now a FOB in
the wobbly-goobly-gook Python/Shell Script world filled with super-wizards
:), the exact features I had implemented on that branch escapes me.

The essentials are
1. Stored Procedure support was well-cooked as it required new
constructs/concepts in OpenJPA
2. Many low-hanging features that had been part of OpenJPA in alternative
form are adapted to JPA 2.1 form

Will take a look when i get some free time.

Any new or old committers ready to contribute to OpenJPA are welcome to
offer a hand to drive these prototypes to completion.

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project